Beaumaris Gaol was built in 1829 and was expanded in 1867. It could accommodate approximately 30 inmates and it has one of Britain's last working treadmills. Two hangings took place at the jail.
The prison closed in 1878 and became a police station until the 1950s, when it was then used as a children's clinic. In 1974 the jail opened as a museum.
© Shared Earth Photography